ORDINANCE NO. 2019-06
AN ORDINANCE ADOPTING AMENDMENTS TO THE PERSONNEL MANUAL
FOR THE VILLAGE OF ANTWERP, OHIO, SPECIFICALLY, AMENDMENTS TO THE CREDIT CARD POLICY (SECTION 9.06(C)) AND THE SICK LEAVE POLICY (SECTION 10.02(G), SECTION 10.05(B), AND ADDING PARAGRAPHS C AND D TO SECTION 10.05), AND DECLARING THE SAME AN EMERGENCY
WHEREAS, the Council of the Village of Antwerp desires to amend the Personnel Manual for the Village of Antwerp, Ohio.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED by the Council of the Village of Antwerp, County of Paulding, and State of Ohio:
Section 1. The Council of the Village of Antwerp, Ohio, amends the Personnel Manual, and adopts a revised credit card policy as required by Auditor of State Bulletin No. 2018-003. The revised credit card policy at Section IX, Section 9.06, paragraph C, adopts the compliance officer model and includes the criteria as required by Bulletin No. 2018-003. The sick leave policy at Section X is also amended, specifically Section 10.02, paragraph G to limit the unused balance of accumulated sick leave when an employee transfers from one public agency to another to one-half (½) of such balance; Section 10.05, paragraph B on the length of active service to elect a cash payment of accrued but unused sick leave at the time of retirement to clarify that to be eligible, Employee must have ten (10) years of contiguous active service with the Village; and Section 10.05 to add paragraphs C and D to clarify that Employee can elect a cash payment of accrued but unused sick leave only when Employee is eligible for retirement as defined in the Personnel Manual. A copy of the amendments to the Personnel Manual is attached hereto and made a part hereof as Exhibit A.
Section 2. It is found and determined that all formal actions of the Council concerning and relating to the passage of this Ordinance were adopted in an open meeting of this Council, and that all deliberations of the Council and of any of its committees that resulted in such formal action, were in meetings open to the public, in compliance with all legal requirements.
Section 3. This Ordinance is deemed an emergency measure necessary for the preservation of the public health, safety and welfare and for the further reason to modify the Personnel Manual effective upon passage of this Ordinance, and this Ordinance shall take effect and be in force immediately after its passage; otherwise, it shall take effect and be in force after the earliest period allowed by law.
Passed this ______ day of February, 2019.
Ray DeLong, Mayor of the Village of Antwerp
Aimee Lichty, Fiscal Officer
SECTION IX: HOURS, COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Section 9.06 Expense Reimbursement
C. Credit Card Policy
1. The Village adopts the Compliance Officer Model for the Village’s credit card usage. The Mayor shall have the authority to appoint the compliance officer. The compliance officer will not be the treasurer and/or fiscal officer and will not be an authorized user of the card credit.
2. The credit cards issued in the name of the Village may be used only by or at the direction of officers and positions authorized to use such credit cards. The following officers and positions have control of a Village credit card and are authorized to use and/or provide authorization for the use of the Village’s credit card: Chief of the Police Department, Village Administrator, Treasurer and/or Fiscal Officer, Mayor, EMS Coordinator, EMS Clerk, Clerk of Mayor’s Court, and Water/Sewer/Street Superintendent.
3. The credit card may be used for the following expenses: stamps / postage, supplies, equipment, rental equipment, training, and travel expenses, including but not limited to hotel accommodations, meals, and gas purchases. Travel expenses does not include the purchase of movies or video games, or other unauthorized expenditures while a guest in a hotel and traveling for Village purposes, and any alcohol and gratuities for meals purchased.
4. At the beginning of each calendar year, each authorized user of a Village credit card must complete a form identifying whether said authorized user is in possession of a credit card and such form must be kept on file in the Village. This form must also be completed when any new credit cards are re-issued due to the expiration of the same or any other reason which may require the Village to have new credit cards issued.
5. Other than for the blanket purchases of postage for each department, the authorized users of the credit card must complete a PNC Credit Card Purchases Itemization form, which sets forth the date of purchase, Employee making the purchase, name of vendor, amount charged, description of purchase, which department is to be charged with such purchase, and include a copy of the receipt of such purchase and submit the same to the fiscal officer. The fiscal officer must complete a Purchase Order for each purchase, and the itemization, receipt, and purchase order for each such purchase must be maintained by the fiscal officer.
6. On a monthly basis, the fiscal officer will provide the credit card statements to the compliance officer for review, along with the completed itemization forms, receipts, and purchase orders for each credit card purchase set forth on the monthly statements. Once the statements and supporting documents are reviewed and approved by the compliance officer, the compliance officer will sign or initial the monthly statements to memorialize such review and approval.
7. On a quarterly basis, the compliance officer must review the number of cards issued, the number of active cards issued, the cards’ expiration dates, and the cards’ credit limits.
8. At the termination of an officer’s term of service or termination of employment of an authorized user, the officer or authorized user must return the credit card to the Department Head and a receipt will be completed memorializing the return of such card. The fiscal officer shall prepare and submit the necessary form to remove the name of an authorized user of the credit card to the issuing credit card company and add any new authorized users as necessary.
9. Any lost or stolen credit card must be reported to the treasurer and/or fiscal officer who shall report the same to the credit card company.
10. The credit limit for each Village credit card shall not exceed $7,500.00.
11. The purchase of any item not in compliance with this policy will be considered a misuse of the credit card and subject to review by the Department Head. Any misuse of a credit card shall be subject to discipline as set forth in this Manual, which may include but is not limited to the reimbursement to the Village of the monies expended for any unauthorized purchase and/or the return of such credit card.
SECTION X: SICK LEAVE
Section 10.02 Crediting of Sick Leave
G. The previously accumulated sick leave of an Employee who has been separated from the public service shall be placed to the Employee’s credit upon the Employee’s re-employment as a full-time Employee with the Village, provided that such re-employment takes place within ten (10) years of the date on which the Employee was last terminated from public service. This ten-year period shall be tolled for any period during which the Employee holds elective public office, whether by election or by appointment. An Employee who transfers from one public agency to another shall be credited with one-half (½) of the unused balance of the Employee’s accumulated sick leave.
Section 10.05 Payment for Unused Sick Leave
B. A current full-time Employee of the Village may elect, at the time of retirement from active service with the Village, and with at least ten (10) contiguous years of full-time service with the Village, to be paid in cash for one-half (½) the value of the Employee’s accrued but unused sick leave credit. The payment shall be based on the Employee’s rate of pay at the time of retirement and eliminates all sick leave credit accrued but unused by the Employee at the time payment is made. An Employee may receive one (1) or more payments under this section.
C. If a current full-time Employee dies, instead of any cash payment of accrued but unused sick leave credit being payable to the Employee’s estate, the Village provides a life insurance policy for each full-time Employee that provides a death benefit to be paid to any beneficiaries designated by the Employee.
D. Employees who do not retire but who terminate Village employment, or whose Village employment is terminated for any reason, or who transfer employment, shall not be eligible for such any cash payment of accrued but unused sick leave credit as described in this section.